Thursday, May 16, 2013

Skinny Jeans and Pink Eye...all within one conversation

I have the privilege of not only working with students in the high school setting, but also kids within the private practice setting.  This is a HILARIOUS conversation (at least it was to me) between me and one of my kiddos (9 years old) working on word finding.  He saw a picture of my pugs Layla and Bruno, and proceeded to tell me that he was a dog person and not a cat person.  The conversation was supposed to be about how he was not a cat person. but turned into this...

C:  So one of my friends thinks that I'm her boyfriend, but I'm not.  She just likes me.   But her older sister, likes to hit me and slap me and run away too.

Me: Oh, she likes you too.

C:  No she doesn't!  She hits me!

Me:  That's what girls your age do to show you that they like you.

C:  Well, I guess those sisters like me.  You know what else?  These 2 sixth graders like me!

Me:  Oh really?  Wow!

C:  Even girls I don't know like me!  Especially when I'm at the mall and I'm in my skinny jeans...

(I start laughing out loud!)  He goes on...

C:  I have two pairs of skinny jeans!  Anyway, about those sisters, they have cats and I'm not a cat person.  I get invited to their house, but I don't like going there.  Not because of them, but because they have cats and every time I go there, I get pink eye!

Me:  What?  Pink eye?  Gross!

C:  Yeah!  My eyes get all watery and I sneeze.

Me:  Ooohhh, you mean allergies, not pink eye!  (I'm laughing my a** off at this point).

C:  Oh yeah, allergies.  Oops.

Yeah...  don't confuse the two, lol.  Glad I could help him differentiate...  Word finding indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment