Friday, May 24, 2013

School Spirit

While I was working with a group of 4 students, one student came into my room upset because he did not get a doughnut for school spirit day.  He was very upset because even though he was wearing his black and gold, he was missed for some reason.  It can be difficult to deescalate students sometimes when they are all worked up about something and this was one of those times.  The other students chimed in and the conversation went something like this:

Student 1:  I have school spirit too, I'm wearing black and gold!
Me:  That's awesome, did you get doughnut?
Student 1:  No, but do you want to see my black and gold?
Me:  Yeah, sure!
Student 1:  Here is my black (points to his black shoe), and here is my gold!  (He opens the flap of his jeans to show me his zipper).
Me:  Oh!  Yes that is gold, but...
Student 2:  Oh hey I have gold too! (also opens the flap of this jeans to reveal his gold zipper).
Student 3: Me too!!!!  (does the same)

I realize everyone's hands are on their private areas...ahhhhhh!!!!!

Me: OK everyone, I see the gold, but let's keep our hands away from our pants!!

Just then, the teachers distributing doughnuts for School Spirit day walked in to give everyone a doughnut.  Thank goodness, lol.

Speaking of zippers, I was working with another student and I noticed that his zipper was down.

Me:  Oh, your zipper is down, you should zip it up!
Student:  Naw, I'm ok.

You just can't make this stuff up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment