Monday, May 27, 2013

Neighborhood Drama

So this isn't a conversation I had with one of my students, nor it is funny, but rather, it's a conversation I overheard between two, I would say early school age (about 6-7) kids, while I was walking Layla and Bruno.

They were playing with what looked like foam swords (or pool noodles), that required some assembly (I can't remember what they had in their hands). They were trying to grab it from each other.

Kid # 1:  I can do it!  I don't need your help!
Kid # 2:  Fine!  I'm leaving.
Kid # 1:  What? You're leaving?
Kid # 2:  Yeah, because you said you can do it yourself!
Kid # 1:  But, but... I thought you were my best friend...
Kid # 2:  I am, but I just can't talk to you right now.

At this point, I've passed the kids and I turn around to see Kid # 1, standing in the middle of the street, head down, looking completely defeated, and Kid # 2 walking away into his garage.  It kind of broke my heart.  Oh elementary school problems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment