Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hummus and Pita Chips

One of the foods I'm obsessed with eating for a snack right now are pita chips and hummus.  I was munching on some when one of my favorite students comes in (Korean student with an interdental /s/).  Let's call him *Bryce.  So Bryce sits down at the table and the other two walk in, sit down, and I join them.  And this is my brief conversation with Bryce.

Bryce:  Ms. Sabio, you should chew your gum.

Me:  Oh, is it my breath?

Bryce:  Yeah, you just need some fresh breath (as he backs away from me).

Me:  Oh, I'm  so sorry, I was eating pita chips and hummus.

He was saying these things so matter of fact!  It was actually quite embarrassing in front of my assistant and the other students:-/  Immediately I popped in a mint, came back to group and he said "much better," and gave me a little smile.

Gotta love these kids and their brutal, endearing, honesty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment