Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Feeling Loved and Rejected. Mostly Rejected.

This post is about one my favorite students.  He's a ninth grader of Korean descent.  He has a slight interdental /s/ (lisp) and due to Korean most likely being his first language, his syntax is, for a lack of a better term, all screwy.  BUT he gets his message across most of the time, so not much concern there.

This is not about one specific instance, but just his "-isms" in general.  I see him twice a week (students LOVE that! #sarcasm).  I'll go into his classroom to pull him, and he's talking to one of his buddies and he sees me.  His face drops from a smile to a frown and some of the comments I've gotten are:

"Oh, it's you again."

"I just saw you yesterday!"

"What do you want this time?"

Oh, I feel so loved!!  What's funny is, on days that I didn't pull him out of class, I'll bump into him after school or after the class I normally pull him from, and he'll say:

"Hi Ms. Favia, (had a hard time saying my name at the beginning of the school year), you are the breeze of the love!"

Now that warmed my heart, until I heard I wasn't the only teacher he says that to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment