Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When I Have Kids...

As I sat down to begin a session with one of my private clients, this random comment popped out of her mouth.

Client:  When I have a baby, I'm going to continue breasting.
Me (confused):  What?
Client:  Yeah, I don't want to give my baby regular milk cause they will get sick so I'll just breast my baby.
Me:  You mean breastfeeding.
Client:  Oh yeah that.
Me: And why are we talking about babies and breastfeeding?  Did I bring up babies or did we talk about this last week?
Client:  Well, I might want to be a mom someday and so I have to think about these things.

She's 11, therefore I was speechless.

I took this opportunity to remind her that when she wants to talk about something she needs to introduce it so people (like me) are not completely confused!  She restarted.

Client:  So, I was watching this show, called "So Random" about feeding babies...

Apparently it's a Disney show??


No comments:

Post a Comment