Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Don't be racist...

A client of mine was telling me about how her family is watching her grandmother's dog while she is on vacation.  Here is the gist of that conversation.

Client:  We got a new puppy!
Me:  You did, what kind?
Client:  Well, it's my grandma's dog, Sophie and we're watching her while is going on vacation somewhere.
Me:  Oh ok.  That's nice that Po (her dog) has another dog to play with for awhile.
Client: Yeah, but my dad doesn't like Sophie, because she shakes (she's a chihuahua), and barks.  Ugh, my dad.  I told him to stop being racist!!
Me (chuckling to myself):  I don't think you mean racist.  Racist refers to people, not dogs.
Client: Oh, like the color of someone's skin?
Me:  Yes, something like that.
Client:  Oh.....

Glad we cleared that up.  If you didn't guess it already, one of her goals is on word finding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment