Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No Ordinary Can of Barbasol


One day, while I was working with a group of students, one of them busts out this can of Barbasol.  I knew he wasn't going to start shaving right there in the middle of speech, but I was intrigued to see what would happen next.  He starts unscrewing the bottom of the can...


It's a can filled with cotton swabs?  Hmm.... Cotton swabs were the last thing I'd expect to see from a fake can of Barbasol.  

Me: Um, where did you get that can?
Student:  At the International Spy Museum in Washington DC.  
Me:  Reminds of the can in Jurassic Park!
Student: Yeah.
Me:  So what are the Q-tips for?
Student: For when my ears are itchy.

He then proceeds to take one out and starts swabbing his inner ear!  I explained that the best place to probably do that is the bathroom so other people wouldn't be weirded out. 

Student:  Oh all right (as he begrudgingly screws the can back).  

I wonder what else is at the International Spy Museum!  This is photographic proof that you can't just make this stuff up sometimes!  Love my students!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment