Thursday, August 15, 2013

Night Owl

I need to premise this entry by stating that by sharing this story, I'm not stating my opinion, in one way or another about teenage pregnancy.  I was just disturbed by this conversation but at the same time, it was one of the most hilarious things.

I was teaching a lesson on sleep related idioms.  The idiom night owl came up.  It was defined and one the senior girls in the class (whose disability is Speech/Language Impairment), happened to be about 4-5 months pregnant, chimed in, and the conversation went something like this:

Student:  Oh I'm a night owl!
Me: You are?
Student: Yeah, I stay up until about 3am with my friends just hanging outside in my neighborhood.
Me:  Um, you shouldn't do that, you're pregnant, you should probably get as much as rest as you possibly can right now.
Student: nah, I'll get some rest when the baby comes.

I literally laughed out loud!  Sorry, no you're not.

I truly hope that mom and if baby has arrived, are doing well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment