Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sorting Parts of Speech

A group and I were deciding what parts of speech different words were, and the card "ugly" came up, and this is how that strange conversation went...

Me: Put the word ugly in a sentence.
Student # 1:  A baby's face is ugly.
Me: What?  That's not very nice!
Student # 2:  I got one!
Me:  OK, go ahead.
Student # 2: Grandma is ugly!
Me:  That's not very nice either!
Student # 2:  OK, Grandma is not ugly, just her foot!

So hard to keep from laughing at this point...

Student #2:  I have another one!  Drunk guys are ugly.  You know that ones that drink all the alcohol?
Me:  You think drunk guys are ugly?
Student # 2:  Well, not all drunk guys are ugly.  Some of them are handsome, the ones in bow tie shirts.

One of the funniest sessions I've had in awhile.  I'm just glad they were using the word correctly.    

No comments:

Post a Comment