Monday, September 2, 2013

Being Asian

Within a week I had two conversations about me being Filipino.

Student:  Ms. Sabio, what's your descent?
Me: Oh, I'm Filipino.
Student:  Ok, that means you're Asian sometimes.
Me: Actually, I'm Asian all the time.

Haha...now that I think about it, maybe he's right.  Sometimes, I don't know if I'm Asian or Pacific Islander.  Filipino's are Asian right??

Here's another conversation I had:

Student: Ms. Sabio, are you Asian?
Me: Yes, yes I am.
Student:  What kind? Like Korean?
Me: No, I'm Filipino.
Student: Oh!  Are you parents Filipino?
Me: Yes, yes they are!
Student:  Are your parents still alive?
Me: Yes, they are still alive.
Student: Do you think they'd like us?
Me: I think they'd like you very much!
Student:  Cool.  Asians are so cool!
Me:  What makes Asians cool?
Student:  They just have awesome faces and they have Asian eyes.  Man, I wish I was Asian.

You can't tell by this conversation, but he is one of the sweetest kids I've ever met!


No comments:

Post a Comment